Announcements and Important Events
Under current MHSAA and MDHHS guidelines, winter sports are tentatively set to resume on Saturday, January 16, 2021. Practices for all sports are allowed to resume on this date, with contests allowed to begin either Monday, January 22 (basketball, bowling) and Wednesday, January 25 (competitive cheer, wrestling).
These dates are subject to change based on future guidance from MHSAA and MDHHS.
The following items must be completed for a student to participate in winter sports:
- PHYSICAL- One of the following must be on file in the athletic office:
- Current year physical (dated on or after April 15, 2020)
- Previous year physical (dated April 15, 2019-April 14, 2020) AND MHSAA Sports Health Questionnaire form
- ATHLETIC REGISTRATION PAPERWORK
- This includes the Athletic Handbook Acknowledgement Forma and the Athletic Contract. The forms can be completed by the parent/guardian and student online by clicking HERE. Paper copies are available in the athletic office.
In addition, the following eligibility requirements must be met:
- Student must have passed 5 out of 6 classes during the first semester of the 2020-2021 school year.
- STUDENT DEBT
- Students must not have any outstanding fees or owe any equipment.
Students meeting all of the requirements in the two sections above can obtain a tryout card from the athletic office. The student will provide the card to the head coach on the first day of practice as proof they meet all eligibility requirements. NO STUDENT WILL BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE IN ANY WINTER SPORT WITHOUT PROVIDING A TRYOUT CARD.
Please contact the head coach of the program for specific information regarding practice/tryout dates and times.
|WINTER SPORT||COACH CONTACT|
|BOYS BASKETBALL||Mike Stewart
|GIRLS BASKETBALL||Paul O'Henley
|BOYS BOWLING||John Lysczyzk
|GIRLS BOWLING||Dessie Sudberrry
|COMPETITIVE CHEER||Margret Herriman
Winter sports schedules are currently being finalized. Schedules for each sport can be found under the WINTER section in the website main menu. Schedules entered prior to January 4, 2021, have been deleted and updated with current league dates. Additional scheduling information is expected in the coming days.
MHSAA SPORTS RE-OPENING UPDATE CENTER
All MHSAA updates can be found HERE.